• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto complete adding people names stoped working after initially working with Elements 2021 on Mac.

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto-complete when adding a people name has stoped working after initially working with Elements 2021 organizer. I can type in the full name, but then it creats a new duplicate person name. Help!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disclaimer:  I know nothing (well, very little) about Macs.  The only suggestion I can make to fix the problem is to delete the preferences file.  To do this, hold down the Option+Command+Shift keys immediately after launching the Organizer.  You will be presented with a dialog asking if you want to delete the Settings file.  Answer Yes.  (If you don't see the dialog, try holding down the keys before launching the Organizer.)  If you need more assistance with this, see this Help article.

When you type in the whole name, aren't you seeing a dialog that says something like That name already exists with some options?  In any event, you can select the duplicate People stacks, right-click on them, and you will then have a context menu that allows you to merge the stacks.  (At least, that's what happens in Windows.  I expect it is similar on a Mac.)

Added: When you select the duplicate stacks, the Rename button at the bottom of the screen changes to Merge People:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.10.15_11h41m07s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you try the suggestion mentioned above? Did it work for you?

Please let us know exact iOS version you are on and share the exact steps you are following.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After this post, I called Adobe customer support and they fixed the problem. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what they did, but it wasn't just a simple change that I could do if it happened again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines