• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Levels and Auto Contrast not working

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded photoshop elements. These features worked last week but all the sudden don't do anything. I am able to click on the settings (they are not in grey) but again they don't change the image at all. 

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I did try that a couple times but it didn't do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the adjustments are very subtle, depending on the image. You might not notice any difference at first glance. Try viewing and comparing the different before & after views of your image side-by-side using the View > Before & After - Horizontal option:

Screenshot 2021-05-29 094939.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've tried it on many photos but doesn't do anything. I have many photos from when I bought photoshop that I edited using only auto levels and auto contrast. I tried it with the same unedited version of those pics then compared them with the previously edited photos and they are very different. 

Not sure whats going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is strange too cause the "Auto Smart Fix" works fine but not Auto Contrast and Auto Levels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines