• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Smart Tone

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PE 14. Recently I have problems using the Auto Smart Tone. Nothing changed on my laptop. 8 gb RAM. But the program freezes when using it. Have to close the program and start it again. De- installed the program. Cleaned laptop. Installed the 2021 version ---- Same problem. Is there any solution for it?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specs of that laptop? Maybe also interesting to know: how much free space is available on drive C?

Do these stalls happen when using this specific feature or the program in general? And when do they occur? Meaning does the program stall at a seemingly random moment or can you more or less reproduce the freeze?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Restore default preferences
Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.
A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/preference-file-locations-photoshop-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because ther also were some other problems ( wich occured after installing the demo version ) a PC doctor removes, after uninstalling everthing of Adobe, some files ( also Adobe) wich were running hidden in the background. So.... the laptop was cleaned up and runniing good. Later this day I installed PE 14 again. So all the preferences are default. But they problem is still there. The laptop freezes when using the feature Auto Smart Tone. A popup is shown PE14 is not working anymore and the program is closed automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

239gb of914 available.  These stalls only occur using thes feature.  Never had problems before. At any time i use smart tone i can reproduce the freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't currently have Elements 14 on my computer but if you go to the Edit>Preferences>General dialog, do you have an option to Reset Auto Smart Tone learning?  If you do, it's worth giving it a try.  Here is what is available in Elements 12:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.15_08h38m39s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines