Highlighted

Basic photoshop elements help

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very new to this, so be gentle with me! Tried to get in touch with Adobe but they were really wanting me to take Photoshop CC, which I think is beyond what I need at the moment. I have a couple of basic, questions regarding the Photoshop and Premier Elements bundle package. I thought I'd be able to look this up but I can't quite get the answers I'm after, hope someone can help. I understand this package can be installed on two devices, is that correct? Can they be operated whilst NOT connected to the internet? If so, then they must be be able to operate on the two devices simultaneously as long as those devices are NOT internet connected, is that correct? So the point I've read about regarding only one device at a time being able to use the package, must relate to operating whilst internet connected, is that correct? One final question, when talking with Adobe, I was told that Photoshop Elements is not supported by Adobe Help and that I should take the cloud version as they can guarantee support going forward. I'd talking to sales target than technical, so there maybe inaccuracies as a result. Thank for your guidance.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Basic photoshop elements help

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very new to this, so be gentle with me! Tried to get in touch with Adobe but they were really wanting me to take Photoshop CC, which I think is beyond what I need at the moment. I have a couple of basic, questions regarding the Photoshop and Premier Elements bundle package. I thought I'd be able to look this up but I can't quite get the answers I'm after, hope someone can help. I understand this package can be installed on two devices, is that correct? Can they be operated whilst NOT connected to the internet? If so, then they must be be able to operate on the two devices simultaneously as long as those devices are NOT internet connected, is that correct? So the point I've read about regarding only one device at a time being able to use the package, must relate to operating whilst internet connected, is that correct? One final question, when talking with Adobe, I was told that Photoshop Elements is not supported by Adobe Help and that I should take the cloud version as they can guarantee support going forward. I'd talking to sales target than technical, so there maybe inaccuracies as a result. Thank for your guidance.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can install the software after signing in on 2 machines and use it aftwards whether online or offline does not matter. Also, full support is available for Elements and you can contact the support any time.

For any other basic queries, please refer, https://www.adobe.com/in/products/photoshop-elements/faq.html

Let us know if you have any other doubts.

Regards,

Nidhi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If so, then they must be be able to operate on the two devices simultaneously as long as those devices are NOT internet connected"

You are allowed multiple installations, but only two computers may be signed in at any one time.

You may not, however, (according to the license agreement) use them at the same time ( In other words: You aren't allowed to [not can't] be editing a photo in Phototshop Elements on one computer while the other computer has Photoshop Elements open).

As far as internet connection after signing in, you may need to connect at times to download features not yet activated.

Not all features are installled initially and may need to be installed the first time you use them.

"I was told that Photoshop Elements is not supported by Adobe Help"

The current version (now 2020) is always supported.  When a new version is released, support is dropped for the old version.

That shouldn't mean much to you unless you have an operating system that is not supported by software (like Premiere Elements 3 not being supported by Windows 10).

Technical support is always available here on the forums by volunteers that usually provide better solutions than Adobe support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pity to see Adobe help staff behaving like this. I totally agree with Peru Bob. I also think that there is some misunderstanding from new Elements users about the weight and rank of Elements in the wole Adobe's range of softwares. Elements is just a tiny part of Adobe's offerings and far from being an important source of profit. The Elements team is located in India, and even if some staff monitor the present user to user forum, the marketing decisions are not made there.

So, if you don't specifically follow the recommended paths for help, you'll get anywhere to people used to Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and 20 other editing solutions. They don't know anything about Elements and act as commercial people with the only goal of making you subscribe to a monthly/yearly plan...

So, don't think you'll get much help if you don't follow the path to 'Customer Care' as indicated in your Adobe Account, and if you don't specify the kind of help you need. For instance it's necessary to specify if it's a downloading or licencing help or thechnical help. Don't think either that you'll get easily help by phone. It's always better and faster to get help by chat, especially if you are not a native English speaking person like me... I have no problem by chat with the nice Adobe staff in India.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 0