Highlighted

Batch rename files in PSE 14

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Photoshop Elements 14. I have some15,000 images in my computer. After a shoot I would rename the file from he number assigned by my camera to a few inane titles such as art, family, a country name, etc. The program I was using gave let me replace part of the name assigned by the computer plus my name. I would do the following:

I would take a folder that contained x number of files called DSC-1234.jpg, DSC-1235.jpg etc.. I would designate the folder . The screen had search and replace dialogue boxes. All of the files names in the box were then listed. I would enter DSC in the search box. The software would list all the files with DSC in a second area which now showed everything except the DSC.  I would type the new name for the series entering the country or anything else I wanted and the software took care of it. The software was an edition of ACDSee that I have had for years. ACSee is not compatible with Windows 10 and it won't work. The want about $125 for a new version and i'd rather not give up $125. Any help would be seriously appreciated. Bill Ginsburg dandwginsburg@gmail.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Batch rename files in PSE 14

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Photoshop Elements 14. I have some15,000 images in my computer. After a shoot I would rename the file from he number assigned by my camera to a few inane titles such as art, family, a country name, etc. The program I was using gave let me replace part of the name assigned by the computer plus my name. I would do the following:

I would take a folder that contained x number of files called DSC-1234.jpg, DSC-1235.jpg etc.. I would designate the folder . The screen had search and replace dialogue boxes. All of the files names in the box were then listed. I would enter DSC in the search box. The software would list all the files with DSC in a second area which now showed everything except the DSC.  I would type the new name for the series entering the country or anything else I wanted and the software took care of it. The software was an edition of ACDSee that I have had for years. ACSee is not compatible with Windows 10 and it won't work. The want about $125 for a new version and i'd rather not give up $125. Any help would be seriously appreciated. Bill Ginsburg dandwginsburg@gmail.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 24, 2019 0

Have something to add?