• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Behavior tracking while using PSE 2021?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased PSE 2021 and it appears you must remain logged in, in order to use this program. Maybe I am "old school", but this is the first time this has happened to me with an actual piece of software that I have purchased, rather than with, say, a subscription to a newspaper.  So I am a bit concerned by this, because businesses that force you to stay logged in typically track and monetize your behavior.  

So I would like to know: what does Adobe have the right to keep track of, in terms of my use of this software?  Do they have the right to keep track of which features of the software I use?  How often I use them?  How long I spend using the program?  Information about what kind of camera I used to take my photos, and other metadata?  What about tracking of my behavior elsewhere on my computer - do they have the right to gather information about what other programs I have/am using on my computer?  My behavior while using other programs?  Does the tracking continue once I have exited the software?  Bottom line, is there any limit to the amount or type of data that Adobe can collect on my behavior, if I install or use this program?  

Also, is there a way to opt out of data collection?  Is there a way to pay to maintain my privacy?  Obviously I could purchase a separate computer just for this program, and keep it permanently off the internet after the first login, but this is impractical for me. I am curious if a more practical solution exists.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Go to this link and after signing in to your Adobe account, you should be sent to the Privacy page where you can opt out of all collection of information.  After you opt out of everything, you still need to sign into your Elements account so that Adobe can keep track of whether you are violating the license by having the program installed on more than one computer.

And here is a link to the actual policies regarding collection and usage of information.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to this link and after signing in to your Adobe account, you should be sent to the Privacy page where you can opt out of all collection of information.  After you opt out of everything, you still need to sign into your Elements account so that Adobe can keep track of whether you are violating the license by having the program installed on more than one computer.

And here is a link to the actual policies regarding collection and usage of information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that link @Greg_S.  🙂

@E5EEF You only need to be connected to the Internet to activate your account (and download some additional content, e.g. backgrounds). You don't need to be permanently connected to the Internet to use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 after that inital activation.

Looking through the page @Greg_S. links to you'll see that Adobe only collects data that is relevant and pertinent to assisting Adobe in improving their product offerings. This is far less intrusive than the default tracking in place when you are logged into Windows 10 using a Microsoft Account, using Facebook or Google, or nearly every app you ever download on a smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines