• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black text printing purple from Photoshop Elements...

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue, and I have no idea how to fix it.

I have a small greeting card/print business, and about a month ago, my printer started printing all the black text on my cards purple. The first time it happened, I closed out of everything, restarted my computer, and it worked fine after that for the day. Cut to a few days ago it started again, and I tried the same process, however its not fixing it. I tried opening and printing from my MacBook, and same issue. The odd part is that when I print from anywhere else, blacks are black. So I cant imagine its the printer. I did uninstall and reinstall the printer like new, and that didn't fix.

I'm wondering if keeping my files in the cloud has somehow corrupted them? But not sure why it happened once, worked normal, and is happening again.

Are there any known issues with Elements around something happening like this? Any help is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you borrow a printer (preferably another make) and print from same as an experiment?

Also, with your current printer, are you using genuine manufacturer's cartridges and photo paper?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have access to another printer unfortunately. However, my current printer was doing fine for about 6 months. I changed the ink cartridges about 2 months ago, and those were working fine before. The issue started a bit after the new ones were installed. I did last night try putting in one of the old black cartridges I took out (not quite sure why I even saved them), and it was still printing purple. I'm not sure it would be those anyway seeing as how any other program I print from is fine, its just photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you set the driver to print in black and white?

Does the same thing happen if you print in the Organizer and the Editor?

What color management settings are you using?

Are you using different kinds of paper stock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried using the black and white option, and it still comes out purple. I haven't tried the organizer or editor. Am I able to print the exact same as I would through Photoshop there?

I also haven't changed any color setting since I started and never had this problem. Same with the cardstock, its all been the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trevorm72893848  wrote

.I haven't tried the organizer or editor. Am I able to print the exact same as I would through Photoshop there?

When you open the program, you are working either in the Editor or in the Organizer. Both of these features are in integral part of Photoshop Elements. Photoshop is a different program, sold by Adobe as well.

trevorm72893848  wrote

I also haven't changed any color setting since I started and never had this problem.

In Editor, Expert tab, go to Edit menu>Color settings and check"Always Optimize Colors for Computer Screens." In the printer driver, check "Printer Manages Colors."

Next, go to Image menu>Mode and check RGB color. Try a print. Then change it to Grayscale and see what happens with another print.

If you are still with me, do you use genuine ink as recommended for your printer, or do you use off-label ink?

If the problem persists, suggest that you reset preferences to default. To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>General and look for this:

Preferences_2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of these settings were what i already had. And still is printing out wrong.

I tried sending the item to the default viewer on my computer. Printed and it was black. Tried again with another one, same way, and it was purple. I seriously just don't get it. I have removed and installed my printer to the computer, removed and reinstalled photoshop, and nothing seems to be working. Im really at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines