• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank slideshow

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Slideshow runs preview but does not show photos, is there a problem with my Elements download?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to Elements 2019?  If you have just installed it, a lot of auto-analysis is taking place in the background and may interfere with the generation of the preview.  Can you tell us exactly what you are doing to create the slideshow, and what you are seeing that you think is a problem. For example, are you seeing the opening title?  Are you able to hit the play button, and if so, does any audio/music play?  A screen capture would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plays the music . Mouse does not work on the screen, except around the edges. save, export, media, themes, audio, mim & close. The same if I play from organizer. I exported to the organizer & disk. The video playes correctly from organizer & disk. I'm running Windows 10 & this is on two different desk top computers. One computer 16GB of memory & the other 8GB of memory.

Thank you for any help.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try the first solution suggested in below KB article :

Mouse cursor not visible or menus not opening in Adobe Elements Organizer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for coming back to me.

I select photos in organiser, then select slideshow.

Preview starts up.

When I press start, the slideshow runs, but the screen remains black.

When I stop the slideshow at various points the photos are shown on the screen.

No other menus come on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you hear any audio when the slideshow is previewing?

What happens if you save the slideshow and then play it from the creation which appears in the Organizer?

What happens if you export the slideshow to a video file?  Does the mp4 file play correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio sound plays.

I saved slideshow and then played it again with same results. Black screen and audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the other suggestions mentioned above (update the graphics card and turning off autohide taskbar).

Have you tried using a different theme for the slideshow?

Have you tried using different media?

Are the photos jpg or raw files?

Are you using any videos in the slideshow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drives updated.

Tried different themes and media.

All photos jpg files.

No videos included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I've run out of trouble-shooting ideas.

Just to clarify - what OS are you using, what are your computer specs, and if you are a Windows user, please confirm that you have updated your graphics card driver from the manufacturer's site.

Hopefully, Saurabh or somebody else from the development team will offer some assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying.

I have checked everything suggested again with the same result, I even increased the memory to 8GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem as atakat. I have 2019 edition download on to a new windows 10 laptop. Organiser slideshow fails to show pictures but plays soundtrack. Pictures only show when I pause the slideshow but disappear again when starting again. When exiting the slide show the programme then freezes and I have to use the windows end programme facility. Updated all the drivers and tried everything listed but still no joy. Any help please. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the EXACT same problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi richardt,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forums.

It seems you are facing issue with the playback of Organizer slideshow.

Could you please follow the steps below :

• Properties >> Run this program in compatibility mode for W8
  • Click "Change High DPI settings"
  • Check - Use this settings to fix this scaling problems for this program instead of the same in settings
  • Check - Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by : Application
  • Click "Ok"
  • Click "Apply" & "Ok" in main properties section

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying, but I have the same results as before, blank screen and the photos only showing when I stop slideshow.

Regards

Atakat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have EXACTLY the same problem!! I installed Elements 2019 on 3/10 from retail DVD.  Black images on slideshow playback with sound. PAUSE displays current image but PLAY continues with blanks images.   System is Windows 10, Lenovo Erazer X315 16K RAM, AMD FX 770K, Radeon R9 360. Installed latest AMD video drivers with same result. Occasionally restart of PLAY will display correctly like a race condition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you change themes? Try Classic and click apply. Does that make any difference to the preview. What happens if you export to local disk? Does the video play from your folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. This didn't solve. Any more solutions for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up allowing Adobe to remotely access my computer over this issue. After attempting several other fixes she disabled my graphics card. It then worked fine. Now I know it is a graphics card issue. I have a fairly new Lenova IdeaPad running windows 10. She suggested I go to the Intel site and try using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I just Faced the Same Problem, I read all comment and solutions in this article, and nothing solve the problem
at last I tried to chnage my photos and I found that the picture extension ".jpeg" not working with slides show.
So I convert the photos extension to ".jpg" and it soleved the problem and the slide show start to appeare the photos and not showing blank frames

Hope this will help any one face this problem

Sorry for bad English XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Baha, thank you for the email & and your results. I did Jpg, tif & jpeg and all failed in the slideshow. I did stumble upon what did work. I read for days looking for a fix, then came upon post from a few years old I have tried to find it again but know luck. He said to take the task bar off hide & set it to show all the time. That fix my problem on two computers. I wish someone could explain that to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines