• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blur in Photoshop Elements Filter System?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In several programs I've used over the years they all had a Filter called Blur.  In the previous programs I could always use the mouse after tapping Alt first, then take the mouse and cursor to eliminate wrinkles, spots or just blur something for my own liking or someone else's liking. Elements though has a list of 8 items in the drop down menu Filter. This is where I need help? So far out of the 8 items I've not been able to use the mouse and eliminate say just a wrinkle or 2. You half to click on one of the 8 items that drops down from the Filter menu at the top of the tool bar. Whatever you click on from the 8 selections the blur covers the entire subject. Such as a profile of someone's face. I don't want the entire profile blurred just maybe an area. I want the mouse back or I don't know how to work it? Got any answers for me Please? The program is Elements 10. Thanks Much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Filter>blur blurs everything that is on a given layer. You can make a selection of an object and blur this.

However, suggest that you try the Blur tool, which is nested in a slot with the sharpen and smudge tools. This allows for more targeted activity. Note, that you change the size of the cursor with the bracket keys next to the letter P on the keyboard - - [ decrease-- ] increase. The smudge tool may work well for your project as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines