• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge/ACR with Photoshop Elements

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Photoshop Elements 2021 a qualifying product to allow the use of ACR with Adobe Bridge?

I've downloaded and installed Bridge but it wont let me open ACR as I need a qualifying product. I do have Photoshop Elements 2021 installed already which I installed prior to installing Bridge.

I appreciate that Organiser is included with PSE and also has ACR but I'm struggling to use Orgnaiser with my M1 Mac, the scrolling is so laggy its unusable so I thought bridge would be a good alternative.

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements is a qualifying product to use ACR in Bridge, but the ACR version you open in Bridge is the limited ACR version not the full Photoshop version. This has been discussed those last years in Elements forums. I can't test it myself now since I also have a subscription including Photoshop and Lightroom. Photoshop is temporarily uninstalled for various reasons, but since I have the subscription, I can open the full ACR version of Photoshop in Bridge.

I am on Windows 10 on low/medium specs computers and I don't have your speed issues. I don't use face recognition either nor other automatic bacground tasks. Anyway I am convinced that there is something linked with the last OS versions from Apple to explain your speed issues.

Please confirm that you can't open the Elements ACR version from Bridge; that worked for me with older PSE versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge does not seem to recognise that I have Photoshop Elements installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge does not seem to recognise that I have Photoshop Elements installed.

By @Jabbbezz

In my situation, with a subscrption to Photoshop, the option to 'Open in Camera raw' only opens the full version.

The normal 'Open' command opens raw and DNG files in the Elements version of ACR. Maybe check that your raw files types are set to be associated with PSE19 (not indicated as PSE2021).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Michael said is true. You could select in Adobe Preferences PSE to open in their Camera Raw for your particular RAW files. It would only be the version of camera raw that PSE has. Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 12.07.56 PM.png

You could also use other RAW developers out there. Thats how I have it set up on my Mac.

--lou cioccio--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines