• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

burn photos to dvd

Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something is wrong with elements 2020 again. this time, I can't get my images onto a disc. there is no correct option in the box that wants me to choose a destination---only thing I get is OS. I need the dvd drive, it does not show. How am I supposed to back up my photos?  Is there a work-around?  I have windows 10, 64 bit.  ( by the way, I also have had trouble tonight with elements organizer refusing to launch! I turned off my computer, then turned it on again and it opened---for now. It's been giving me a hard time too. )

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1. Open a picture file in File Explorer WIN10

2. Right click on the picture file

3. In the contextual menu that comes up, go to Send to>DVD RW Drive (D))

4. Insert the disk and proceed.

As for backing up your files, I respectfully suggest to you that you obtain an external drive for this purpose.  The cost of these drives has come down dramatically. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, but there was no picture file or contextual menu. I first got a web page about file explorer. I clicked on a link on that page and got  file explorer on my computer, but could not do anything. I found the icon for os D which is where the 127 images were (because last night I tried to back up the files and the only location I was allowed was os D ). The files I wanted were there. there was still no icon for burning to a disk. I selected all of those files and tried to copy them to a dvd. New problem, the system started to find files to copy and ran up to over 100,000 files before I stopped the operation. It was only supposed to find the 127 images in os D. I don't know what is going on but I still cannot burn to a disk. Doing this has caused me to lose two of my dvd's as each time I tried to do something the message comes up that the disk has to be formatted first. computer formats and the disk can no longer be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's forget about Photoshop Elements for now.

On your computer, on the task bar, lower left, type "File Explorer." This should point you to the app, which you can then open.

Do you see "This PC?"  - - - In the column under this heading, do you see "Pictures?"

If so, open the pictures directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typed file explorer and got only one option----to a box that wanted me to choose a developer option. there was no "this PC" or "pictures".  other options were to visit the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File explorer should also have an icon on the taskbar. It is yellow.

I am trying to guide you to the folder containing your pictures so that you can burn the DVD.

From the help menu:

How do I open a File Explorer?
Steps Click or tap on the file folder icon on the taskbar to launch File Explorer. Use the built-in search. Press the ⊞ Win+E keys on your keyboard. Right-click on the Start button and select File Explorer from the bottom. Open it via the Start menu/screen. Press ⊞ Win+R and type explorer or explorer.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for trying to help but I am too frustrated and am giving up. I
opened file explorer but what I got was a nightmare. I changed the view
from list to icons and everything under the sun, the moon and the stars are
loading. They are all out of date and haphazard! none that I tried to open,
the folders, contained any of my recent EDITED artwork. All that showed was
unprocessed images that no one would want to back up. There was no way to
find the images as presented in elements organizer. I am going to quit for
the night and maybe forever. This is so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thank you. as I did not want to back up "a folder" I had to first go the
organizer and move the images I wanted to a new folder. then I followed
the instructions and "something got on the dvd", I hope. Will check it
later to see if my photos I selected are on the disk. It might have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines