• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 11.4 for Microsoft App users?

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to manually update the Camera Raw plugin for the Microsoft Store version of Photoshop Elements 2019? I'm running it on Windows 10. Or are there plans to push Camera Raw v. 11.4 to the app? (Downloading and running the plugin installer from Adobe doesn't update the MS version; I've definitely tried that one already. And the app appears to lack the "update" option in the help menu.)

I purchased Elements after checking to make sure that my camera was supported by Camera Raw--however, I did not realize that the version purchased from the Microsoft Store did not necessarily have the most recent plugin versions. This is extremely frustrating, as I now have software which I've paid for that effectively does not perform the function I bought it for. Any workarounds or suggestions? Maybe a file path where I could manually add the more up-to-date plugin?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use the MS store version and the main reason I won't do it is precisely the lack of updates. There may be other advantages such as the ability to install on more computers at the same time, I don't know for sure.

Anyway, you can always use the free Adobe DNGconverter to support cameras more recent than the PSE version. That's also true for the Adobe version versus the Microsoft store. Buying a recent camera always mean installing a new ACR version or using that DNGconverter to batch convert a whole folder of proprietary raw files to DNG.

There is no way to update the Elements ACR plugin externally, you must use the menu Help >> update if it is not greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines