• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW 12 does'nt work

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I installed Photoshop Elements 2020.1 to replace PSE 14. This version includes Camera RAW 12.0. I need this version for the Sony RAW extension ARW. However, Camera RAW 12.0 will not work at all. The image will load but editing will not work. If I go back to PSE 2020 with Camera RAW 11.4.1 it will work, but the Sony RAW extension ARW has not yet been incorporated. That is only the case in Camera RAW 12.0. The problem is that Camera RAW 12.0 does not work. A mystery to me at the moment. Why 11.4.1 does and 12.0 not.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen a similar situation where a raw file can be edited with an older ACR version but not from the newer one.

This version includes Camera RAW 12.0. I need this version for the Sony RAW extension ARW.

No, a given Camera Raw version depends on the precise Camera model, NOT from a given extension. ARW does not define a format, it defines a family of raw files. There is indeed a mystery if the ARW files come from the same camera in ACR 11 and ACR12.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

What we can check is if we can edit raw files from your precise camera model with the ACR 12 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response. You are quite right that it does not prevent a RAW file from being edited on an older ACR version and not on a new one. When I read the message back, I now understand that my text can lead to a misunderstanding. I focused the text on the Sony extension and not the camera. This gave the impression that the Sony extension ARW works in the old versions and not in the new ones.
Of course, the ARW extension was already found in many previous versions of ACR. However, for me it is the camera Sony a6100 that I recently bought. The specifications of this particular camera are included from ACR version 12.0. The RAW images of this camera can therefore not be processed on previous versions, that would only be possible from version 12.0.
However, in my situation ACR 12.0 (and subsequent versions I've tried) doesn't work at all. In this version, the RAW images of my Nikon camera D5500 (NEF) cannot be edited. These can of course be edited in the previous ACR versions. In the version ACR 11.4, the RAW images of the Nikon can be processed normally.
Basically the bottom line is that on my desktop ACR 12.0 doesn't work at all. Camera RAW then starts up very slowly and no slider can be set in motion. The photo still appears on the screen.
I posted the message to the Support Community to perhaps find out if others have also been affected and perhaps got a fix.
I hope it is now clear and the misunderstanding cleared up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, in my situation ACR 12.0 (and subsequent versions I've tried) doesn't work at all.

You can't install any ulterior version of the Elements ACR module for PSE 2020. If you have installed ulterior versions you have downloaded, they are not for Elements, they are for the full Photoshop and normally you get a message that the format is not supported; you don't get what you are describing.

My guess is that you don't have the ACR12.0 for Elements.

Uninstalling and reinstalling PSE2020 might be the solution.

Also note that there is a workaround to install a newer version than 12.0

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/camera-raw-12-2-and-photoshop-elements-don-t-work-...

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

I would try this before uninstalling and reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You wrote: You cannot install a later version of the Elements ACR module for PSE 2020 etc.

That's right. It was mentioned in small print. I didn't notice that at first. In practice, I found out.

You wrote: I suspect you don't have the ACR 12.0 for Elements.

You also wrote: Also note that there is a solution to install a newer version than 12.0

Yes, I do, and it doesn't work. ACR 12.0 is installed when an update to PSE2020 is installed. That's a version of October 2, 2019. On the Adobe Photoshop Elements website, I saw that there is a version of November 14, 2019. So far I haven't been able to find where I can download it. Maybe that's the solution.

You wrote: Removing and reinstalling PSE2020 may be the solution.

So I'd done that before, no result. This morning (European time) again done with the idea maybe something went wrong first, false hope, no result.

I already knew and applied the articles of the two links.

It's a status quo now. A mystery for now. What does work is RAW-conversion to Adobe's DNG format, not even in ACR 12.0, but in ACR 11.4. But I don't really want to.

In any case, thank you for all the effort or maybe you will see another bright spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines