Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 13 for Elements 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I must be missing somthing.  

I downloaded Camera Raw 13 and it said it installed with no problems.

I am trying to open CR3 from a Canon R5

Elements 2021 still shows version 12.3.  

Elements 2021 has a grayed out update.

I am using an Apple Macbook Pro 2019 and it is fully updated.

NOTE: I have searched my computer and cannot find a file named camera raw.

So the question, can Camera Raw 13 be used with Elements 2921?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

The ACR version of Elements is a different version from Photothop which, officially, can only be updated from the update menu of PSE. You have download the Photoshop version which is not recognized by PSE. The PSE version may be updated for PSE2021, but that will take some time and that's not sure.

What is recommended is to download the free Adobe DNGconverter which is a standalone software; it can batch convert a full folder of your raw files to the DNG raw format that PSE2021 and older version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ACR version of Elements is a different version from Photothop which, officially, can only be updated from the update menu of PSE. You have download the Photoshop version which is not recognized by PSE. The PSE version may be updated for PSE2021, but that will take some time and that's not sure.

What is recommended is to download the free Adobe DNGconverter which is a standalone software; it can batch convert a full folder of your raw files to the DNG raw format that PSE2021 and older versions can read and edit.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

Otherwise, you might test the workaround:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/camera-raw-12-2-and-photoshop-elements-don-t-work-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Now I understand!
Dennis Rabon
dennis37@live.com

"A properly functioning democracy depends on informed electorate"
THOMAS JEFFERSON

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install a version of ACR via the stand alone installer, on a Mac it puts the ACR plug-in in "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC/File Formats", but PSE doesn't see this folder. You need to move the plug-in to "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/Elements 19/File  Formats" (removing any plug-in there already). There is, of course, no guarantee that a plug-in released for CC will work with PSE, but 13.0 appears to (and has just been officially made available via a PSE update). [ACR 11.4.1 has more functionality, but that's another matter.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS

That worked and then when I started Elements 2021 an update was done and ACR 13 was installed and now Elements 2021 opens CR3 files!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines