• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW (NEF) in PS Elements 2019 organizer

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some NEF files (Nikon D7200) and when imported to Organizer they are tagged as 'format not supported'.

If i use the companion PS Elements Editor and 'open in Camera Raw', the file is opened with Camera Raw 11.1 with no problem. I haven't tried working with the file as my problem is, I want to compare some NEF files with some JPG. When I was shooting the pictures, I saved as NEF + JPG.

Disregarding the reason for my dilemma, can someone tell me how to get Organizer to show a thumbnail of the NEF files?

(FYI only) The reason I'd like to compare is complicated and related to the fact that I accidentally deleted a bunch of files and a recovery program got back some but gave them new file names somewhat randomly.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

I don't know what happened but I was working on PSE Organizer today and suddenly the RAW files (NEF) were being displayed properly. When I noted in the original problem statement that the Import Files screen showed as 'format not supported' it also said something like 'files have already been imported'. I had searched Organizer to see if they were in the system somewhere but un-tagged but they didn't show up. I did convert some of my NEF files to JPG today and when I imported the latter into Org

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd.  Have you tried refreshing the thumbnail in the organizer?  Select it and click Ctrl+Shift+U (for Windows).

What happens if you save the file from the Editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know what happened but I was working on PSE Organizer today and suddenly the RAW files (NEF) were being displayed properly. When I noted in the original problem statement that the Import Files screen showed as 'format not supported' it also said something like 'files have already been imported'. I had searched Organizer to see if they were in the system somewhere but un-tagged but they didn't show up. I did convert some of my NEF files to JPG today and when I imported the latter into Organizer, the NEF files appeared.

Bottom line, the problem is solved so there is no need to continue this line of discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines