• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw not working

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 2018 installed on a windows 10 desktop computer.  I have RAW images from a Nikon P1000 camera.  I have not used PE for 18 months.  Elements will no longer read these RAW images.  I have tried downloading and installing the latest Camera RAW.  It still doesn't work.  I am currently using the DNG work around but would like to be able to use Camera RAW directly. 

TOPICS
Bug , Download and install , How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE2018 has never been able to understand your P1000 format. It requires the ACR plugin version 11.1 which was only supported from PSE2019 (after updating the ACR module...)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael 

Thank you for your reply.  I cannot understand why I have files on this computer that have been edited and have a .xmp sidecar files, if PSE 2018 will not work with them.  I'm not in the habit of editing files on one computer and then copying the .xmp files to another computer.  If I had used a later version of PSE on this computer then it would still be installed here.  

Chris 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael 

Thank you for your reply.  I cannot understand why I have files on this computer that have been edited and have a .xmp sidecar files, if PSE 2018 will not work with them.  I'm not in the habit of editing files on one computer and then copying the .xmp files to another computer.  If I had used a later version of PSE on this computer then it would still be installed here.  

Chris 

By @chris_portwine

Hi Chris,

I don't understand either how those NEFs can have been processed by PSE2018. I know there were unsupported workarounds at that time to make PSE2018 work with a more recent ACR plugin, but you would know that.

However, the only official way to update a PSE version is via the update menu. Downloading and trying to install the full version of the Photoshop ACR does not work.

There has been a recent workaround to install new versions of ACR in PSE2020 and 2021 (in an Adobe Doc). I'll leave other volunteers on this forum to give more details (I have not tested it myself).

Edit

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael

I've had a bit more of a poke around on this computer and come to the conclusion that I was using the DNG work around 18 months ago.

I've solved the problem by using work around two and downloaded a second version of PSE 2021 that I have.

It's time now to upload my memory to a younger brain.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And FWIW, I just tried to update the Camera Raw plug-in for Elements 2018, using all of the Camera Raw versions for Elements 2019 through 2021.  I could not get any of them to work for me. So, for any Elements 2018 users who need a more recent version of Camera Raw, I think you will have to update your Elements version.

Elements 2019 can be upgraded to Camera Raw 12 using the workaround, but not to ACR 13.

Elements 2020 can be upgraded to ACR 13.2 using the workaround.

Your mileage may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Greg_S. This deserves more than just a Like, so here's a big thanks for taking the time to test this workaround for all the most recent versions of Elements 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Phil.  Just to round out my earlier post, obviously Elements 2021 can also be updated to ACR 13.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines