• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I delete a shadow image in my .psd?

Participant ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I noticed when I was using the clone stamp tool (in PE2019) I could see an underlying image. And not only that but I could actually see some traces of the underlying image without using any of the tools. Kind of like rayek's mockup of my cover.

shadowimage.png

I closed out every "eye" icon in  hopes of isolating the underlying image to delete it but had no luck. Seems like it's always there. It's kind of upsetting because I've gotten pretty close to my final version of this cover. Is there any way to delete the underlying layer or just don't worry about it? (that is, what is visible is all that counts) Any idea how that happened? And perhaps how to avoid it in the future? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the clone stamp tool was not set @100% opacity when you engaged it. You can also touch up with a white brush and a blue brush where indicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot, hatstead. The opacity was set to 100% on the clone tool. I have at least an idea what happened. I cropped the image and when I did, the underlying image was still there. And see how it doesn't line up? Like it's off the amount of the crop. (Who knows if that's what really happened but that's my guess.) And I'm going to ask rayek how it happened to him.

2019-03-24 17_06_18-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines