• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I have a dark theme for Photoshop Elements?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am used to the old school version of Photoshop, back from 2011, which is a dark background. I just upgraded. The newer one is gray and bothers my eyes when I'm editing. How can I change PS to a dark theme?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on a spot on the empty work area, and you can change the color to Grey, Black. and Custom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . . Just to be clear, you can only change the color of the canvas for an open file.  If you right-click on an empty workspace, nothing will happen.  I believe it was different back in the days of Elements 8(?), when you could change the whole workspace area theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faststone image viewer has a dark mode. Strangley it is free and Adobes software being a paid program has no such mode. I have both programs on my PC and I love the timeline slider in elements organizer, but the dark theme in Faststone lets me focus better, and it is free. my 2 cents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Faststone is simply the better program in this respect. I've been using it since the first hour. i like elements, for professional photopaint and dxo. it also bothers me that adobe doesn't give you the option to change the user interface. the font settings are bad. either too big or too small. others do it better. you should subscribe! Pity...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines