• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I install old version of PhotoShop Elements from original discs?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought this program together with InDesign in 2011 before you had to rent them. I put it on the MacBook I bought in 2007. In 2013, it failed and the screen went black. I can't retrieve the installation. I used the discs I bought to install both apps on my new MacBook Pro (2013). I just bought a refurbished Mac to match the 2013 version. My files transferred but those apps won't open. I understand I am allowed to have them on two Macs and must delete them on one if I want to use it again. I can't really access the original laptop because I can't see anything. Do you think they would accept the whole thing if I mailed it to them as proof that I'm not using it anymore?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Mac OS?

Which version of Photoshop Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

El Capitan and Photoshop Elements 8. Also InDesign CS3. I heard that maybe Quark Express would open them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing any error messages? PSE8 is now quite old software. You could try installing from the Adobe link and validating with the serial number from the disk.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/download-earlier-version-photoshop-elements.html

Start by uninstalling from:

Utilities >> Adobe Installers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to talk to a tech at Adobe and they were able to reinstall the

program for me remotely. They tried with InDesign CS3 but that was not

successful. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines