• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I purchase the Upgrade for Elements 11.0 to go to 2020, or must I purchase Elements 2020?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Adobe Photoshop Elements 11.0 on my home PC.  I recently upgraded from a D90 to a D7500.  It does not appear that I can simply download a RAW upgrade for Elements 11.0.

Therefore, can I purchase the Upgrade version to go to the current Elements 2020, or must I purchase Elements 2020?

TOPICS
Actions , Download and install , How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "upgrade" or "update"  Each version of the software is independent, meaning that you can have PSEv.11 and PSEv.20 on the same machine.

You can purchase PSE from Adobe at a discount as a repeat customer, provided that you registered the software initially.

However, shop around as frquently one can purchase at a better price form Amazon or one of the box stores.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html#Latest_cameras

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hatstead,

Thank you for your reply.  I'm sorry I didn't reply, sooner.  It sounds like I should buy the most recent version of Photoshop Elements, because that will have the up-to-date Camera RAW built-in.  Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Suggest that you install the free 30-day trial of PSEv.20 to evaluate its functionality re camera raw for your cameras. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines