• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I restore the organizer app to its original settings?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the photoshop elements and premiere elements. I uploaded my photos to the organizer app, and I deleted them because the folders got all messed up. And now when I try to upload the pictures it says that the photo has already been uploaded. Is there a way that I can reset the app so that I can restart from scratch and clear all of its memory. Or maybe just redownload the entire organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete the files via the Organizer, or did you do so via the OS e.g. Windows File Explorer?  Either way, I suggest you simply create a new catalog and start the import again.  Go to File>Manage Catalogs and click the New button.  You can then name the new catalog and open it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new catalog but It still says the file is already in the catalog or the image is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reob87093354  wrote

I created a new catalog but It still says the file is already in the catalog or the image is not supported.

Then it is likely that the file IS already in the catalog.  Since your first post suggests that your folders were messed up, perhaps you have duplicates of the same file floating around.  The latest versions of Elements won't allow you to import exact duplicates and that is probably why you are receiving the message.  I know the message box is difficult to read but if you scroll the message, can you determine the name and location of a rejected file?  You can then investigate whether the file is in the catalog by searching for the name or date of the file.

Alternatively, if you have raw files from a very recent camera, the "not supported" message may appear.  Not sure about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg_S.  wrote

reob87093354   wrote

Alternatively, if you have raw files from a very recent camera, the "not supported" message may appear.  Not sure about that.

Greg,

I am sure that If you get the message (the full message with 'or the image is not supported') when importing in a new catalog, the file can't already be in the catalog (which is empty). You can import images already in a catalog into another catalog. It's the first step to check between the two possible problems. What is possible is that you may get the message with a new catalog if you select duplicates already on your computer to import. The first one is imported, the other ones are recognized as duplicates and not imported.

If you have unsupported raw files, the message will indeed appear. A frequent situation is when you have uninstalled and reinstalled a given version of Elements without going through the menu Help >> Updates. That's why you should mention both your camera make/model and your ACR plugin version (menu Help >> About plugins).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share your system specs and the OS version you are using? Also, please share a screenshot of the error message you're getting on importing the files.

Regards,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines