• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I Run PhotoShop Elements 6 on Windows 10 64 bit ?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I Run PhotoShop Elements 6 on Windows 10 64 bit

- is it out of the qustion

- or do I have to do something special

- or can I just simply install from my CD ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Little_Pale_Face  wrote

Hi,

I have managed to install & run it on my Window 10 64bit.

Suggest you try it and see if you get any error message. You will not be able to register it online as I think those severs have benn taken offline.

Brian

I can also work with PSE6 on my Windows 10 64 bits computer.

That version was not on servers, only on your physical CD with its own linked serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Suggest you try it and see if you get any error message. You will not be able to register it online as I think those severs have benn taken offline.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little_Pale_Face  wrote

Hi,

Brian

I can also work with PSE6 on my Windows 10 64 bits computer.

That version was not on servers, only on your physical CD with its own linked serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both of you. Yes, that seems to work far (as far as tested) loading from my CD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On my new Windows 10 PC, installation of Adobe Photoshop Elements went OK, but the first time you run it after installation, you are supposed to get prompted for your serial number.  I had no such prompt, and software did not seem to start.  

Looking at Task Manager, I could see that Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 was running, but also a a process "Activation Licensing Service -> FLEXnet Licensing Service"

I killed both, and then followed the instructions from Adobe at https://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html to download LicenseRecovery109.zip and then execute it.  Only after doing this was I able to get the window to enter my license key when I started Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. 

I hope this can help someone else with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you oh so very much for this answer, as this was the reason why my Photoshop Elements 6 did not start on a new Windows 10 machine. 

When I initially installed Photoshop Elements, it just sat there upon startup and nothing would show up.  I could see Photoshop Elements and a licensing program run in the Task Manager, but no windows were showing up.  Tried all the "standard" advice on other forum posts (compatibility mode / run as admin / etc etc etc), nothing.

When I found / ran the license recovery program mentioned in the parent post, license window came up immediately, entered my code, and there was Photoshop Elements on Windows 10!!!!  Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE6 is fine on my old computer, upgraded to win 10, I havedownloaded it to a brand new one but it will not start. Any suggestrions (does it need the, now discontinued, flash drive?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try my previous post, following instructions from https://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html to upgrade the license manager after installing PSE6 from your CD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find and download the license repair tool but it does not seem to run when I enter the "y" to run.  Anyone else have this problem?  Still can't run Elements 6 on my Windows 10 laptop.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried again and got it working.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines