Highlighted

can I transfer photoshop elements to new laptop

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several years ago I purchase a Sony Vaio which came bundled with pre-installed photoshop elements (I still have the paper receipt). This computer is now on its last legs and I would like to transfer the program to a new laptop, but the original paper work does not give me a licence number and I cannot see one on the system. If I attempt to 'register' the software it does not work. I can see that 'deactivate' is an option but don't know whether I will be able to install the software on the new machine without a licence number. Can anyone advise please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

can I transfer photoshop elements to new laptop

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several years ago I purchase a Sony Vaio which came bundled with pre-installed photoshop elements (I still have the paper receipt). This computer is now on its last legs and I would like to transfer the program to a new laptop, but the original paper work does not give me a licence number and I cannot see one on the system. If I attempt to 'register' the software it does not work. I can see that 'deactivate' is an option but don't know whether I will be able to install the software on the new machine without a licence number. Can anyone advise please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 09, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the absence of appropriate documentation you will not be able to install the software on another computer. It is problematic that the old version of PSE will function on a modern operating system on your new computer, even if you were able to install the program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is likely a special bundled version that is locked to that computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2019 0
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you download the latest software, PSE 2019 from the link below and use it as a free trial; presently available for 30 days. If you like it, there is no need to uninstall the trial. Simply licence with a serial number after purchase. You can shop around for the best deal including on-line stores.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2019 0