• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer move image to where I want it on paper before printing....help?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in Photo Editor and  trying  to print an image I am no longer able to move the image in the blue framed box to where I want it to print out on the paper. I have been printing 12 x 12 images onto 13 x 19 paper and before printing I have always been able to grab the box and place it at the top of the 13 x 19 paper and for some reason it will no longer let me grab that box with the image and move it up. I don't want to print in the center of the page. Never had this problem before so  have no idea what I did  or how to fix it. Have changed nothing in the way I am printing and have been for months. Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Hi @defaultl5z46etbu3zg , @Glenn 8675309 , @Mebcomm , @Greg_S. @Jeff Arola ,

I hope you're all doing well. Thank you all for bringing this issue to light. This issue has now been fixed in the latest update to Adobe Photoshop Elements. Please update to the latest version (2021.3), and this issue should not be there anymore. Please let me know if you face issues with updating or any other issues with the print. 

Regards,

Aaron Vijayan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Anne,

1.Open your picture file

2. Go to File>New>Blank file and in the dialog you can stipulate the paper size & the resolution. This will be your canvas.

3. Drag the picture to the canvas. It will come in on a separate layer

4. Activate the move tool and position the picture to suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Elements are you using?

Without knowing more information, all I can suggest is to try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PE 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to Elements 2021.2?  There were some printing issues in 2021 before the update.  Otherwise, if it was working before and not now, I would recommend resetting the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the replies. I do have the lastest update 2021.2 and have also reset the preferences and it still doesn't work. I am thinking I might uninstall and reinstall the program and see if  that helps. So strange that it worked just fine for the last 6 months of printing many times each week but for the last several weeks I just was unble to move the image box on my document like I always could before. Thanks again for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't move "the image box" in the print preview.  The size and location of the "box" is dependent up whatever you are telling your printer to do.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until a few weeks ago I have always been able to move the entire image box to the upper part of the paper in the print preview amd overnite it stopped letting me do that which is  causing me  a  big  problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i can confirm the issue here using photoshop elements 2021.2 Editor on macOS Mojave 10.14.6

One can move the image inside the Blue Box but not the Blue Box and image at the same

time, which your supposed to be able to do and does work in photoshop elements 2020 and prior versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Jeff....this is exactly what my problem is as well. Not happy about the problem but so happy it's not just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, Jeff. I'll report this to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And @defaultl5z46etbu3zg, can you confirm what OS you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, I am using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Photoshop Elements, just downloaded the free trial (v. 19.0 seems to be the only version available to me) before deciding to purchase.  I am experiencing the same problem, on MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3.  Not being able to reposition images for printing would be a showstopper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarification:  I don't know what the "v. 19.0" signifies, but the Build number I'm running in my free trial is 20210304.m.156367.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mebcomm, you have the latest update available.  And Elements 2021 is actually version 19.  So, you will see various references to version 19 e.g. in the installation folders, rather than to Elements 2021.  Unfortunately, the marketing department likes to make things difficult for users.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just put the image on a page sized canvas, add other images as needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultl5z46etbu3zg , @Glenn 8675309 , @Mebcomm , @Greg_S. @Jeff Arola ,

I hope you're all doing well. Thank you all for bringing this issue to light. This issue has now been fixed in the latest update to Adobe Photoshop Elements. Please update to the latest version (2021.3), and this issue should not be there anymore. Please let me know if you face issues with updating or any other issues with the print. 

Regards,

Aaron Vijayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it now works as it should. Thank you!!!

mb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I am having this same issue with PSE 2022 i.e. unable to move image to top of paper for printing and so wasting a good deal of photo paper. It defaults to the centre of the paper and so wastes a section at the top and a section at the bottom. Please help. Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anne,

1.Open your picture file

2. Go to File>New>Blank file and in the dialog you can stipulate the paper size & the resolution. This will be your canvas.

3. Drag the picture to the canvas. It will come in on a separate layer

4. Activate the move tool and position the picture to suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Thank you - your help much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines