Highlighted

Can't add locations in Elements 2019

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought and installed Elements 2019 because the mapping function no longer worked with my previous version. I understood that that function worked in Elements 2019. However, I find that I can't add any locations and the map is missing. (Just a gray area is shown on the Places tab.) Is there something I have to do or this feature still not working?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't add locations in Elements 2019

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought and installed Elements 2019 because the mapping function no longer worked with my previous version. I understood that that function worked in Elements 2019. However, I find that I can't add any locations and the map is missing. (Just a gray area is shown on the Places tab.) Is there something I have to do or this feature still not working?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 13, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

smetchis  wrote

The places function works for me in PSE2019 (I don't use it regularly). I just tested that the map displays as usual.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd. I guess I will try reinstalling the program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling the program did not help. I still can't use the Locations function .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share a screenshot of what you see when you switch to the places view? Also, are you able to play videos in Elements Organizer? Generally, such an issue is caused by outdated/incompatible video drivers. So, you can try updating to the latest video drivers and see if resolves the issue.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen capture.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The screenshot is not visible. The attachment sent via email can't be viewed on forums. I'd request you to please open forums via the link in the email and attach the screenshot.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2019 0
smetchis LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is directly. Note: I already updated the video drivers and it seems I can play a video from within Organizer.

PSE Screen Capture.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2019 0