• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't delete photos out of the organizer in Elements 14

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to delete photos I've finished working on in the Organizer. It just freezes up and when I attempt to delete one the, program shuts down. I tried the reset function (Hold down shift+control+alt while pushing on the Editor icon) and this didn't help. I also uninstalled the program and then reinstated it and that didn't help either. I'm using Window 10. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gnifrus13  wrote

I'm unable to delete photos I've finished working on in the Organizer. It just freezes up and when I attempt to delete one the, program shuts down. I tried the reset function (Hold down shift+control+alt while pushing on the Editor icon) and this didn't help. I also uninstalled the program and then reinstated it and that didn't help either. I'm using Window 10. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't see any explanation.

Can you delete such files directly from your explorer or finder? What's you operating system (Win or Mac) version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10. The photos respond normally outside of elements. They are just frozen in the organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't know what prevents deleting of the files from the organizer.

If you can delete them from the explorer:

- immediately after, open the organizer and search for missing files.

- In the reconnect dialog, select those files and use the menu to 'select all' and then to 'delete from catalog'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this exact same problem. Elements 14.
Deleted 2 photos, and Organizer has locked up solid. None of the buttons work, cannot import/export, although I can still delete photos from my keyboard.
Never deleted photos, so I never had this happen, but these were blurry and useless.

And it doesn't matter how quickly you open Organizer. It is locked solid the moment you see it, so there is no searching for anything, as you cannot use any of the buttons to access the app.
I too am running Win10, don't know if I can even find the Elements disc, it's been 5 years...
Might have to go buy the latest version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines