• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import some .mov files

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import my photo library to Photoshop Elements 2020. It starts the process and imports a lot of photos, but then freezes on a .mov file. It imports some (most) .mov files, but consistently fails on others. It doesn't give me the option to skip the file and carry on, it just freezes. See attached screen shot. I'm running Windows 10.

Has anyone else seen this?

Also is there any way at all to contact Adobe directly toget support?

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am experiencing this with Photoshop elements 2020 that I just installed.  Gets half way through my catalog and hits a video file and just hangs.  

Adobe is there a way around this?

Original author did you figure out a workaround?  (Thanks!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I never found a workaround. I removed the offending .mov file before importing, but that's a real pain, very time consuming and not a real solution.

I rather gave up on the whole project. I will have another go when I have a bit more time. But I was rather hoping Photoshop, even the elements version, would be free of this sort issue. It doesn't even fail gracefully, it just hangs. It's very poor. I certainly wouldn't recomment photoshop software on the basis of my experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People don't like clicking on attached files please use the little picture icon.  2021-04-12_155525.jpg

I tend think wit hthings like this it may be something to do with the name on the file.  Change the name, no special characters like &#$..... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologies for the issue you are facing.

Could you please share a sample of such .MOV files you are facing freeze issue with?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sdcook5000 I found a workaround.  When the import hangs save the name of the file that it got stuck and move it off to a different directly.  I had this happen to roughly 13 videos, all .mov files.  Now, interestingly after moving them to their own directory I was able to import them.  So I thing there is a bug when the program is trying to process regular images and various video files.

@yachikag68482697 Hi Adobe team member, since it's family videos of my children I prefer not to share them.  However, here's additional information to what I shared above.  The bug definetely seems to be when importing various media in an import process.  Standalone imports of these video files work fine.  The .MOV files on my end are all videos created on an iPhone 6.  Mediainfo shows AVC video and audio AAC LC. 1920 * 1080. Writing Library Apple Quicktime.  No special or odd characters in the file name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I found if I moved the files to a separate directory, I could import them individually. But I have a lot of files, so it's a very time consuming process. The problem files were taken on an iPhone. I'll try to find a suitable example and upload it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines