• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t load brushes into elements 2020 with Windows 10

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just loaded elements 2020 and am very pleased with what it does.  My problem is trying to load brushes into the program.  I down load the brushes from the internet first.  These come to me as zip files.  Windows 10 is unable to unzip these files.  I even tried downloading Winzip.  Is it possible that these files might be corrupt?  I am trying to find the brush folder in the Elements program and don’t know where to locate it.  I’ve looked in C:/program files/photoshop elements and I find it, but don’t know how to locate the brush file.  This has been very frustrating because my former computer crashed and I had to purchase a new one with Windows 10 and I lost everything from my previous Elements program.  If anyone can help, I would sure appreciate you help.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my W7 / PSE2019 machine: User name >> AppData >> Roaming >> Adobe >> Photoshop Elements >> 17.0 >> Editor >> Brushes.psp   Could that be what you're looking for?  Questions like this are out of my league but I'll try.  To your .zip question, that Windows can't open it sounds a little odd.  I've heard of third party zip apps well suited for those occassionally difficult to open ones, like Rarzip and 7zip but I've never used either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

The .abr files corresponding to the brushes available in Photoshop Elements can be found at the following location: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2020\Presets\Brushes

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to me if you have any further queries, I shall be happy to help.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines