• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't redeem key because it has already been activated.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

A friend of my grandma  bought Adobe Photoshop Elements months ago via a seller. She received the license key and was able to install Elements (which could not be don't be done without that key). She didn't open the program for a few months because her computer classes only started in september.

Now we are months later, she opened Elements and was greeted by the 'free trial expired' screen. She tried redeeming the key again, but then she got the message that that code was already in use by other account. I checked every account she could possibly have, but could not find the one connected to the license she bought. 

We also didn't receive the serial key of this product. When we contacted the seller, they told her only Adobe themselves could help her.

So here I am, asking, is there a way to get that license back? We don't know which account is using it... She hasn't linked Elements to her Adobe account and we don't have a serial key. I tried looking for the serial key in de registry, etc. 

Can somebody help her? She really needs that license back for her computer classes.

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

When you say you received a license key, do you mean a redemption code?  A redemption code has to be redeemed in order to obtain a serial number to activate the program's license.  If you have a redemption key and not a serial number go to this page for instructions.  Have you already tried that and is that where you are getting the already activated message?  If so, was the serial number not recorded for safety?

It is possible to install the program (for a 30 day trial) without the serial num

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you received a license key, do you mean a redemption code?  A redemption code has to be redeemed in order to obtain a serial number to activate the program's license.  If you have a redemption key and not a serial number go to this page for instructions.  Have you already tried that and is that where you are getting the already activated message?  If so, was the serial number not recorded for safety?

It is possible to install the program (for a 30 day trial) without the serial number. 

If  you are still having problems, I suggest you open a support chat session on the Adobe.com main page>Support menu. (Click the blue Contact Us button.)

I hope this helps you and your grandma, and that she has not been a victim of a scammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Indeed, with licence key I meant redemption code. And I'm afraid she forgot to write the serial number down.

I've already tried the steps on that page, it's indeed where we are getting the "already activated" message.

I'm probably going to contact the support chat. Because at this point it seems like the only real opion we have.

We are sure we weren't scammed because it's the most trusted site to buy products from in our country. The reason I'm contacting support is because my grandma's friend doesn't understand english. So I'm trying to figure it out for her.

Thank you for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe via the support chat and they were very helpful! They managed to retrieve the serial number. For people in a similar position, I suggest you use the support chat (like Greg_S. suggested).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back.  Glad your grandma can now take her computer classes.  👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines