Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Sign-in to Start Photoshop Elements 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements yesterday directly from Adobe and installed it. I'm running a Macbook Air (2018 model) with 16GB RAM and approx 200GB free SSD hard drive space. It's running Mac OSX 10.15.2. When I try to launch Photoshop Elements, I get a screen telling me Adobe Sign-in required. I'll enter my Adobe username and password, a green check will appear next to the password which I assumes is telling me my credentials have been verified and instead of launching, it just goes back to the sign-in required screen. I've tried everything I can think of including changing my Adobe password and verifying that it works in the Adobe website, creating a new Adobe account in the sign-in screen to launch Photoshop Elements, linking my account to my Google account and trying to sign in that way. Rebooting my computer, and un-installing PSE and re-installing it. I found this article for an older version of PSE (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/unable-to-sign-in-photoshop-elements-12-13.html) and tried all the steps, but none of those helped either.

I tried to do a support chat with Adobe yesterday; I initially chatted with an agent, but she said it needed to be referred to a different agent and put me back in the queu; I gave up after waiting in the queue for over 2 hours. I tried to find a phone number to call someone at Adobe (since PSE 2020 is supposed to be supported under phone care), but I can't find the numebr to call. I'm hoping someone here can provide a solution.

Thanks,

Mike

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

I tried Adobe Support again this morning had a much better experience. The support rep (Brian) was great and was able to get the issue fully resolved for me. Not sure what caused the problem, but if anyone else experiences the same issue the work around was to re-download the trial version of Adobe PSE 2020 that allows you to activate with serial number instead of signing in (https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html). Once it was downloaded and installed, ins

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 24 digit serial number commencing 1057 is often required after sign-in, albeit only when launching the Editor for the first time.

I suggest you try launching from finder, bypassing the (hub) Home app.

Go to:

Applications >> Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 >> Support Files

Inside the Support Files folder right-click (control-click) on Photoshop Elements Editor and choose Open

Sign-in with your Adobe ID and if you see the screen for trial/ activation click to activate and enter your serial number.

After those licencing steps are complete the software should continue to work without problem.

Let us know if you still experience problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, and it didn't help. See screenshots below to be sure I followed the steps:

1. Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 7.39.54 AM.png

I right-clicked on Adobe PSE Editor and selected open.

2. PSE Editor started to launch and the sign-in screen popped up, and I clicked the Sign-in button.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 7.40.19 AM.png

3. I entered the email address for my Adobe account.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 7.40.41 AM.png

4. I entered the password for my Adobe account. What I couldn't get a screenshot of here was after entering the password and pressing the Continue button, a green check mark showed up next to the password which I would think means my credentials have been verified.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 7.41.03 AM.png

5. And after pressing Continue and the green check mark shows up, it just routed me back to the sign-in screen again.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 7.41.15 AM.png

Between yesterday and today, I've tried every option there is available on those screens accept continuing with Facebook . I've tried creating a new account, I've tried linking my original account with Google, I've tried resetting my password, and I've tried Signing in as a different user. None of it makes a difference; I am stuck in this activation sign-in loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user community. For some issues it will be necessary to contact Adobe directly. Click the following link and scroll down the page to Individual. Then click “Sign in to contact us” It should be possible to start an on-line chat with Adobe Support. Make it clear you need help with activation as it may be necessary to re-set your account at the back end.,https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the chat with Adobe support yesterday. Selected that I needed help with activation. Explained what was going on to the rep. She said she couldn't help me with that nad needed to connect me to technical support. I waited in the chat queu for about 2 hours before I had to give up. I'd love a phone number to try to call someone at Adobe.

If no one here has any suggestions that work, I'll try the chat again this weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it this way:

Chat and Agent.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Could you please check if the OS system clock is configured correctly? 

Also, could you please navigate to '~/Library/Logs' and share the 'LWA.Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020.log' file with us? This will help us in analyzing the issue and assisting you in a better manner.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Adobe Support again this morning had a much better experience. The support rep (Brian) was great and was able to get the issue fully resolved for me. Not sure what caused the problem, but if anyone else experiences the same issue the work around was to re-download the trial version of Adobe PSE 2020 that allows you to activate with serial number instead of signing in (https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html). Once it was downloaded and installed, instead of signing in, select the option for activate with serial number. That worked, and Adobe PSE 2020 is running like a champ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to her you are up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines