Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have been tagging faces manually in PSE 2018. In Edit > Preferences I have:

• Cleared "Run Face Recognition Automatically"
  • Clicked "Do not show Smart Tags and Auto Curate"

However, when I click the "Mark Face" button, I get an error message saying "Organizer is still analyzing faces in your catalogue. Please try again once analysis is complete."

If I clicked the View menu and cleared "People Recognition", would I lose all of my existing Face stacks?

Thanks,

Shane.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Greg_S. | Adobe Community Professional

To answer your specific question, if you uncheck People Recognition in the View menu, you will not lose your face stacks.  If the View menu People Recognition option is enabled and you hover over a recognized face with your mouse in Single Image View, either the name of the person will be shown, or you are given the opportunity to add their name.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't turn off Auto-Analyzer

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have been tagging faces manually in PSE 2018. In Edit > Preferences I have:

• Cleared "Run Face Recognition Automatically"
  • Clicked "Do not show Smart Tags and Auto Curate"

However, when I click the "Mark Face" button, I get an error message saying "Organizer is still analyzing faces in your catalogue. Please try again once analysis is complete."

If I clicked the View menu and cleared "People Recognition", would I lose all of my existing Face stacks?

Thanks,

Shane.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Greg_S. | Adobe Community Professional

To answer your specific question, if you uncheck People Recognition in the View menu, you will not lose your face stacks.  If the View menu People Recognition option is enabled and you hover over a recognized face with your mouse in Single Image View, either the name of the person will be shown, or you are given the opportunity to add their name.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 01, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2019 0