• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can tool options bar can be moved in Photoshop Elements 2020? Can crop tool rememeber last size ?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I' ve got 2 questions about configuration Photoshop Elements 2020. I' ve bought this version recently and I can't do few annoying things.

1. Using Crop Tool. When I set desire size, and crop my photo, I often want to crop next photo. Unfortunatelly, when I open next one, the size return to default.
I older version my size didn't disapear. Is it possible to somehow set my own default size or remeber last one?

2. I think that's tools options bar on the botton is a bad idea. It steals space on my screen. I would like to have it f.e on the right side.
Yes, i know - i can hide it and use shortcuts, but sometimes like mentioned crop tool i have to see it to fill my desired size on textbox.
So my question is - Is it possible to move this bar to some other place?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let's start with the bad news. You can't move the tool option bar. What is a bad idea for some (many) users is necessary for new (and growing in numbers) users with touch screens and needing more space to illustrate the options. Since it's unlikely Adobe will change that, you are right that the best course today is to use shortcuts, and especially to 'allow floating documents in expert mode'.

For the crop tool, the last selection is sticking for me and many others, but it has been reported that other users have the same problem you are encountering. The solution is generally to reset your preferences on next launch.

There has been a recent discussion on that subject in which I highly suggested to 'edit in ACR' (even with jpegs). I can't find it now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines