• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you create a photo book without using the Organizer?

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had nothing but problems when using Organizer to make a photo book. Is it possible to just use the Editor to create one book page at a time, then save the page with all its layers to a file which I can return to at a later date to re-edit and evidentially assemble with other pages (in any order I choose) into a list that can be printed as a book?  Also, if I don't rename or move the original images, will the links stay in place so I won't have to reconnect anything?  I'm using a MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.2. Thanks.

Ed S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Elements are you using?

Your question is a little unclear.  Do you mean that you want to use the Create>Photobook tool, using the photobook template pages one at a time?  Or do you mean you want to create your own book pages using graphics and layers available in the Editor?  Depending on the version you are talking about, the photobook pages created in the Editor can be saved as a "pse" file which will be saved in the Organizer and can be re-opened at a later time for further editing.  (They can also be saved as PDF files.)  These pse files are saved separately and have no effect on the original images you are using for the book.

Please explain the problem in a little more detail if this does not answer your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for all the details, but I'm using Photoshop Elements 2018 and I'm essentially looking for a workaround because of a basic problem I have in creating a 78+  page Photo Book using the "create>photo book" tool.  I have apparently maxed out the number of pages the app can handle.  I can no longer add pages or move them around freely. I can only move within the first 20-pages. Example: If I attempt to move page 70 & 71 and insert it in before page 50...it will automatically move and insert itself following pages 17-18. Likewise If I try to move page 5 to page 40 it will only move to page 19 and no further.

Some time ago, MichaelBParis suggested I take the pages I've already created and save them "individually" (perhaps in the PDF format) in a file in which I could still edit the pages, add pages (more than 78) and rearrange them as I liked. When through, I could then send to whatever printer service I decide to use. My original question was to find out if I can do this without going through the Organizer and using it's links. The links would be directly to original image--not through the organizer. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines