• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you scan pix directly to PS Elements 14?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 14 intsalled on an iMac on OS 10.15.5. I've been scanning pictures to my desktop and importing them from there into PS. Can I scan pix directly to PS instead? (When I open Elements Organizer, there's no option either under File>Get Photos and Videos or under Import for getting pix in from a scanner rather than, say, a camera or an iPhone/iPad.)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020
Thanks. The problem to which I was trying to find a solution is, precisely, that Scanner doesn’t show among the devices in that dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to use the software that came with your scanner or you can try Image Capture included with macOS (it's in Applications).

If you switch to Photoshop, you'll find File > Import > Images from Device... and you can create a new Photoshop document from any device that shows up in that dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The problem to which I was trying to find a solution is, precisely, that Scanner doesn’t show among the devices in that dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens in Apple Image Scanner?  It should work in both places, but Image Scanner is worth checking.

Also, check the System Report to see if the scanner shows up under Hardware (Apple Menu > About This Mac > Overview > System Report... > Hardware).

PS - USB Scanner.png

You may need to reinstall the drivers for the scanner.  What's the make and model?

One quirk I have about my Fujistu scanner is that it goes to sleep.  Photoshop, Image Scanner, and System Report will only see it if it's awake.  The ScanSnap software can wake it up and pressing the power button can wake it up, but none of the other applications can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines