Highlighted

Cannot create new folder in pse19

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to pse19, having used pse10 since ???. I purchased a new windows 10 laptop  and had all my data, pictures, documents etc moved from my old windows 7 machine to the new animal. I tried to create a new folder in my Pictures file (right clicked on Pictures, selected 'new folder' and pressed the Enter key) but no folder appeared - anywhere. I finally found it using Explorer - it was under Pictures but does not show when using pse19.  Any ideas?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by MichelBParis | Adobe Community Professional

johna14769956  wrote

I am new to pse19, having used pse10 since ???. I purchased a new windows 10 laptop  and had all my data, pictures, documents etc moved from my old windows 7 machine to the new animal. I tried to create a new folder in my Pictures file (right clicked on Pictures, selected 'new folder' and pressed the Enter key) but no folder appeared - anywhere. I finally found it using Explorer - it was under Pictures but does not show when using pse19.  Any ideas?

You are showing the folders tree in the left folders panel (in tree mode, not list mode).

Right click on the master folder in which you created the new folder and choose 'show all folders'.

The new folder does not yet contain any media file, so it's hidden by default until you add a photo/video file.

Remember the organizer is meant to manage your media, not everything on your drives, that's why it's so important to only show folders containing media.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot create new folder in pse19

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by MichelBParis | Adobe Community Professional

johna14769956  wrote

You are showing the folders tree in the left folders panel (in tree mode, not list mode).

Right click on the master folder in which you created the new folder and choose 'show all folders'.

The new folder does not yet contain any media file, so it's hidden by default until you add a photo/video file.

Remember the organizer is meant to manage your media, not everything on your drives, that's why it's so important to only show folders containing media.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 28, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johna14769956  wrote

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2019 0