Highlighted

Cannot deactivate elements 9

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have elements 9 installed on 2 computers, I have recently bought and installed elements 2020 and wish to remove elements 9 and give the disc to my son so that he can try it out.

When I open the program as administrator and click on Help Deactivate nothing happens. This occurs on both the computers. Elements 9 works OK but the deactivate does not work.

How do I deactivate the 2 programs or do I even need to for it to work on a 3rd computer?

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot deactivate elements 9

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have elements 9 installed on 2 computers, I have recently bought and installed elements 2020 and wish to remove elements 9 and give the disc to my son so that he can try it out.

When I open the program as administrator and click on Help Deactivate nothing happens. This occurs on both the computers. Elements 9 works OK but the deactivate does not work.

How do I deactivate the 2 programs or do I even need to for it to work on a 3rd computer?

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 06, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for a "sign out" option in the Help menu (where it is on v2019).  This will take care of deactivation on each machine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I have elements 9 and elements 2020. I do not have v2019. There is no sign out option in elements 9.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had PSE9, but in my PSE10, the 'deactivate' option is functional. The menu Help >> Sign out replaced 'deactivate' in more recent versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I sign on to windows using a non admin account the help deactivate comes up with a message saying that I need admin privileges. When I sign on to windows using my admin account the help deactivate does nothing, the windows circle timer goes for about 1 second and then nothing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strictly if it wouldn't matter to you ... will Control Panels let you uninstall it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold up, Kev.  On second thought I'm not sure that wouldn't open up another can of worms.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked at that page before, it just sends me round in circles. If I try to use the contact facility elements is not listed and if I select the option for old software it just directs me to this community forum!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0