Cannot import RAW files

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE 16.0 on Windows 10. I have just bought a Sony RX100 VI but some of the RAW images I take on that camera will not import because 'The file is damaged or already included in the Organizer'. As they are not already in the Organizer then the importing program thinks that they are damaged. As they display correctly on the camera I do not believe that they are damaged.

As I thought that I would be buying the RX100 VII I upgraded Camera Raw from 10.2 to 11.4. I now see that 10.5 would have been OK for my new camera. I did look to see if System Restore would help but the only restore point available is after I moved to ACR 11.4.

I did upgrade my laptop ACR from 10.2 to 10.5 but that also gave the same error message.

Sony's Imaging Edge program has no problem loading these images so I do not think the problem is with the images.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can overcome this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Elements 2019 can't be upgraded to 11.4. You can't upgrade the ACR module outside of the Help menu of PSE. This only updates the full Photoshop. The latest version in PSE 16.0 (¨PSE 2018) is 10..

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html#Preliminary_support

So you should download the free Adobe DNGconverter mentioned in the following faq:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop-Elements/FAQ-Will-Photoshop-Elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

That independent (not a plugin) software can batch convert a whole folder of raw files to the DNG raw format that your PSE 2018 can read and edit. An additional batch step, but free and with the same quality.

Wait to see if the soon to come PSE 2020 is updated to ACR 11.4.

Or use the Sony software to open your raw files and save them as TIF or PSD.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
vivski AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael. I have just checked and it looks as if I have ACR 10.3. I will have a look at Sony's CaputreOne software and also your suggestion of the DNG converter.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines