• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install PS Elements 2020 in Mojave

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Photoshop Elements 2020 and simply cannot get it to install. I am running a Macbook Pro with the latest update of Mojave. I downloded the latest installer and it fails at 3% every time presnting me with an error. When I follow the 'Get Help' link on the error, it tells me to download the latest installer and try agin. This results in the same error.

I located this page, which directs me to a log file for more info. I have no such log files on my computer. I assume that the install is failing before it ever gets to that point.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-install-using-logs-elements.html

I have attached a screenshot of the error I am receiving.

I would be grateful for any assistance in getting this installed. 

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

I used the chat support to solve this issue.

In my situation i had to go to the Library/Application Support folder and delete out ALL Adobe folders and files. Once that was done I was able to install the products.

The uninstall tool did not work for me. I had to do this manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Customer,

Could you please collect logs using the log collector tool placed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Please share the logs with me, so I can try to help and resolve the installation problem.

Apart from that, before you share the logs- can you try the below steps?

1) Launch Installer and wait until you again face the installation error. 

2) Go to folder : /Library/logs/Adobe/Installers/

3) There should be a file named 'Install.log'

4) open this file and go to the end of file

There should be some meaningful errors logged in this file, Please see if you can resolve those issues and try again? otherwise please share a screenshot along with the logs using the log collector tool.

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing the same issue as pw1981 for both Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements with my Macbook Pro running Catalina.

I download the files after purchase, ran the installer and it fails at 3% with Error Code #1. I tried the suggested remedies such as running the Adobe uninstaller which "Completed with Errors" but no further information provided.

The folder  /Library/logs/Adobe/Installers/ is empty except for an Icon folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the chat support to solve this issue.

In my situation i had to go to the Library/Application Support folder and delete out ALL Adobe folders and files. Once that was done I was able to install the products.

The uninstall tool did not work for me. I had to do this manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this solution suggested by todd66 and my install is progressing properly. Thank you for the info. I hope they are able to resolve these issues for the installer, because your average user would be pretty highly frustrated by this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad that the workaround did resolved the issue for you.

Would you be please willing to share some of the details mentioned below? This will help us investigate the problem:

1) Which version of macOS are you using?

2) What other Adobe products were there on your systems?

3) Had you recently updated your macOS?

4) Were you also using any older version of Elements? which one if YES?

Thank you in advance, looking forward to hear from you.

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tried this, unfortunately it did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vipin,

Thank you for the reply. I have collected several files. First, is the log collector that you asked me for. Second, is a screenshot of my Library\Logs forlder. I do not have an Adobe folder in there. However, I cound a CreativeCloud folder that contained 'ACC.log' and I noted Photoshop Elements 2020 notes in that log, so I collected that file as well. Now, I am not seeing an attach file link in the reply screen, so I created a archive file and shared them via dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r91qm0r1slym93l/AdobeFiles.zip?dl=0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines