Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install

Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an unknown error (Code 1) when trying to install to my MBP (16GB RAM & 1TB SSD running latest Catalina).  This code suggests downloading the latest version, which I have.

I cannot get past square one.

Any suggestions.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Download and install , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abobe Photoshop Elements Installer Version 4.9.0.515 (4.9.0.515)

I get to 4% then it stops.

Get "an unknown error has occurred. (Error Code: 1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. Which version of Photoshop Elements are you trying to install? Also, only Photoshop Elements 2020 version is compatible to use on Mac OS Catalina.

If you facing issues installing Photoshop Elements 2020 then, please enable the hidden admin account in Mac and try installing the application there. Refer the following link for the steps: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Mohit,

In my first post you can see that I am on Catalina.

In the meantime, however, I was finally able to install the app after deleting everything adobe related on my Mac. This was done by going through all folders on my Mac and deleting all references to Adobe. I don't know which file or app (current was only flash and acrobat dc, rest were uninstalled ages ago) was the offending one but it worked.

I have had various adobe applications on my machine over the years, some bought some on a trial basis, all left behind a trace here and there.

So the problem lay with either the current adobe apps I had or with residue from past apps.  This may be something to look into.

There is no need for further follow-up at this time.

Best,

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines