• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot launch Photoshop Elements 2020 from Organizer after first 5 or so successful edits.

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had difficulties launching the Elements 2020 photo editor from the Organizer?  It works fine for the first 5 pictures or so, but after that, it just stops working.  If I re-launch Organizer, then it will try and launch Elements and fail.  I can't access the Photo Editor from the main Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 main app either.  After that, it won't launch Elements at all.  I can still launch Premiere from Organizer, but I want the Elements photo editor.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked in the Task Manager to see whether the Elements Editor process is running?  There is a possibility that the program did not close properly and will not allow a new launch to succeed.  Or is this now happening after a fresh boot of Windows?Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.30_14h10m05s_002_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
So, this is a challenge to trouble shoot as the problem is intermittent. Currently, I cannot launch the editor. From the task manager, the editor is not listed as running:

I got quite a number of edits more than 5 this most recent time, but it still seems to stop working upon occasion.

Once I get to this point, if I shut down Photoshop, then when I try and edit a file, I do get:

But it does not open. I don’t get any record of the editor opening, although I do get a few additional sub-applications running for Elements 2020.

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated. Thank you,

Kevin Day.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, you cannot post a screenshot via email, so I can't see what you are trying to show me.  Please post again on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about above, I thought I was responding directly by Email.  

Initially, when I cannot launch the Editor, Task Manager shows only the Organizer and the Elements 2020.

Once I closed down Photoshop and relaunched, there were several additional sub-processes running such as the Adobe Dynamic Link Manager and the Adobe Photoshop Server CC 2020.  I still couldn't launch the editor.  Once I restart my computer, it works fine for a while until I come up with the same issue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean. 

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.03_14h17m54s_002_.png

I hadn't noticed all that activity before.  This seems to be related to the fact that Elements now includes a small Creative Cloud account that allows you to save files to the Adobe cloud.  This is a feature that is new to Elements 2021 and there is very little (if any) published information about it.  It is not even listed in the new features page.

Others are experiencing problems with this feature not appearing as an option in the Save As dialog.  Are you able to Save to Cloud?  If not, the solution is to make sure that you are properly signed into the account.  I'm wondering whether your issue may be related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin, 

Do you also have Photoshop CC Installed on your machine? 

Also when you say that after 5 edits, do you mean that you edit your 5th photo and then when you close the editor and then again when you try to launch editor for the 6th photo, it does not launch?

Also have you had any experience, where Editor gets launched but the media file do not get loaded?

Also more information about your Platform, OS version, CPU, GPU and RAM details would be helpful.

@Greg_S.  The issue is for E2020 and Cloud feature has only been shipped in E2021, so should not be related to this.

More information on Cloud fetaure can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/save-to-cloud.html

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines