Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot reinstall my Elements 2018. Just seeing FOLDERs

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi.

I wanted to do a re-install of my software after deleting some system files.

When the DMG is finished being verified, i only get a window with a number of folder icons showing. It is not going into install.. and i dont see any installation icons.

I do see one icon with a big red circle around it....  sort of looks like an error.. like i cant do something.. or it cant do something...

i've never seen an error lile this.

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which version of macOS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

big sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 is not compatible with the latest macOS from Apple, Big Sur. You will need to upgrade to the latest Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 release. The standard price for the upgrade is around $80.

Apple made the decision to only support 64-bit apps about 18 months ago with the release of their previous version of macOS, Catalina. Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 was released 3.5 years ago and contains some 32-bit code making it unable to work either under Catalina or Big Sur.

Before you update your operating system, or buy a new computer (especially macOS and Apple Mac computers) you should always check first to see whether your existing apps will be compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the info. 

may i delete my elements (cause i'm buying a new computer ) and still buy a new version as an upgrade  when i get my new max ?

i purchased 2018 through adobe. 

steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Yes, you will still be eligible for the upgrade pricing whether you have an exisiting installation of Photoshop Elements on your computer or not.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps

i can't use the uninstaller either. if i should delete elements . are there directories that i should be deleting files as well ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, both posting at the same time 🙂

As you'll see from my previous answer, you don't need to worry about uninstalling Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the QUICK response.

for some reason i cannot drag my dock elements icon over the trash can.. when i do , i only get REMOVE FROM DOCK

can i just go into my APPLICATIONS folder and delete the app and relevent folders with other stuff in that directory ?

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't uninstall apps on a Mac by dragging their Dock icon to the Trash. This will only remove the icon from the Dock.

Here's the relevant page from the macOS User Guide on how to uninstall apps:

Install and uninstall apps

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes ! thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines