• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot See Label Information

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using MediaPro but need to switch to another image management system. I use (color) labels extensively. I am not interested in PS LR (I have LR3, PS6, Premiere6, etc) as it requires a subscription. Hence, the only product I consider is PS 2020 Elements. However, it doesn't see my labels. Even for new pictures I can't put labels on them, at least I can't find it. Is it not possible to have (color) labels in PS Elements? Almost every other program offers this.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to www.avery.com. Several of their label templates are in .PSD format and will open up in Photoshop Elements.

https://www.avery.com/templates/5160

Type the information suitable for your purpose, save it as a file, and copy/paste to your picture file(s).

Activate the Move tool to position the label.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but that's not the labels I am talking about. Labels are similar to star ratings but labels are used for things like tracking process states, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am currently using MediaPro"

Sorry, never heard of MediaPro.

"Hence, the only product I consider is PS 2020 Elements. However, it doesn't see my labels."

Are those color labels standard exif data stored in the metadata section of your media files?

"Even for new pictures I can't put labels on them"

In Elements you manage your files with keywords and keyword categories, also called 'tags' or 'labels'.

You can assign colors to your taste to the small icons displaying the category in the browsing space. That's what a number of other programs are doing too.

Could you post links or screenshots to help us better understand your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The labels are indeed shown as colors in most programs including in MediaPro. However, some programs write it as color and some as number. For instance MediaPro seems to write it as a numerical both into IPTC:Urgency and XMP-photoshop:Urgency. The later comes from Adobe to be compatible with PhaseOne (MediaPro was acquired by PhaseOne). 

I see what your are talking about, i.e. under Keywords I see Color and then I can add different color keywords like Blue, Green, etc. However, the way it works is kind of cumbersome. I guess Photoshop Elements doesn't have these color labels like XMP-photoshop:Urgency?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines