• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Use PhotoShop Elements 14 app on two devices

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost my Photoshop Elements 14 app on my desktop Windows 10 computer sometime ago. I have a functioning app on a laptop computer. I understand that I can have a copy on both computers as long as only one can be in use at a time. I have gone to my Adobe account and downloaded a copy of the app and installed it. However, while opening the app I got a messasge that I can't use the app. It is saying that I am already using the maximum number of copies. I am attempting to use the app on the same computer that I lost the orginal copy, even though my app list did not show an installed copy before I started this process.

How do I correct this problem?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

It sounds like you still need to deactivate one of your previous installations. You'll need to contact Adobe Support to do this for you.

Go to Adobe Photoshop Elements Learn & Support and open up a chat window by clicking on the chat icon towards the bottom-right of that page:

Screenshot 2021-06-06 000655.jpg 

I've heard you can get a quicker response if you type the word Agent right at the beginning. Make sure you're explicitly-clear in the chat that all you're asking for is an "Activation count reset" and fingers-crossed you'll get through to someone who can sort you out 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response. During my online chat with the agent, I discovered that since my app is considered a "legacy" version, Chat could no longer offer support. Their recommendation was to go the suppout community which I did.

None the less, while cleaning up all the open web pages involved in this effort, I inadvertantly solved my own problem. When I closed the page that gave me the "Serial Number Warning...". I found the app to be open and fully available for use. I have continued to use it without difficulity since. Who knows what happened? Thanks again, I hope that someone with a similar issue finds all this useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

If you do run into the same problem again, try having another chat with Adobe Support. Don't go into what version you've got or the back story of why you need their help, just keep asking for an "Activation count reset" and they should be able to do it for you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

During my online chat with the agent, I discovered that since my app is considered a "legacy" version, Chat could no longer offer support. 

By @JohnLA859332

The online agent was wrong.  Make sure to only ask for activation reset. Activation reset is still supported.  Try another agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines