• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Use Photoshop Elements 2021

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I just purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements for my MacBook Pro 2018 and I cannot use the software. I am asked to login when I try to launch the Photo Editor, and after I type in my email and valid password, it redirects me back to the same login screen.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software with the same result. I even tried to install the trial version and I still have the same problem.
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you're using the right username/password combination are you sure your computer meets the minimal requirements? See this link for more information on that (I'm a Windows user so I have no idea about age and such).

Another thing you can do is check your product overview; so make sure that your Adobe account is actually associated with the right product(s), does it mention a registered copy of PSE? If not then that could also be the cause for these issues, in that case you need to register your serial number first (can be done on that same page).

Hope this can help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!  I'm confident that my Mac laptop meets the requirements as it has an 2.6 GHz Intel i7 processor from 2018 and I"m running 32 GB RAM vs. the 8 GB minimum.

I did sign into my Adobe account and added the serial number of the purchased software to my list of registered products which I had not done initially.  Unfortunately, this didn't solve the issue.  I know the username/password combination is correct as it gives me a specific error message when I do not get the password right.   It does seem that this is related to the program somethow not being recognized as a valid or registered version even though I purchased it rhough Amazon and was able to redeem the redemption code and get recongized serial number.

Thanks again for your suggestions!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. (with Windows 10). It tells me my Serial Number is incorrect. It's not. I'll try to re-install. This is time-consumin and frustrating. Did not have this problem with v2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck with the re-install.  That has not worked in my case and I've tried multiple times including downloading the installer to the desktop vs. the download folder.  I've used the Windows versons of PE in the past and never had an issue either.  My only other thought is that I just upgraded my Mac OS to Big Sur, but the website says it is compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Could you check and confirm if you are able to Sign-in into Creative Cloud Desktop Application? 

Also please make sure that your system date and time settings are correct and is not set to past or future dates and then try. 

In case if it works for CCD, then try to launch PSE Editor and see if sign-in works.

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines