• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon EOS90D not able to upload

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started shooting in RAW.  I used a Canon EOS 60D and loved it.  I received a Canon EOS 90D and was testing it out.  It will not allow me to upload images to edit.  It says that it does not recognize the file.  The 60D used a CR2 file and the 90D uses a CR3 file. It was recomended to download DNG converter but that did not work.  I can't belive that I just spent over $1000 and cannot use ths to edit my files.  I have updated PHotoshop Elements and PRemier 2018 as well.  Any help on how to edit these raw photos?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version of Elements are you using?  Your new camera requires ACR 11.4.  That version is supported by Elements 2019 and later.  If you have an earlier version of Elements it won't work and you will have to use the DNG converter (or upgrade).  You haven't given us enough details to determine why the DNG converter is not working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, refer to this help doc to understand how raw file support is offered for each camera model:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

As you can see, the question is not if the raw file is CR2 or CR, it's which camera format? Each camera has its own format. Adobe and other converter providers have to wait for the new camera to be on the market to test it and provide a converter. That takes some time, especially for Elements which is not a subscription model which receives regular updates. Only the current Elements version is supported and updated. As you can see from the links in this doc, the 90D was only supported with PSE 2019 after one update.

For older  PSE versions, the solution is the free DNG converter, which is not a plugin; it's a batch converter dealing with a whole folder of raw files. The most current mistake is to think it's meant to convert a single raw file; you should navigate to the folder, not any of its files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines