Highlighted

cant save to jpg???

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have elements 9  and i cant  save to jpg   unless  there are no layers      flatening image does not work

not a color bit  problem

i have gone back to  old files and that i have saved to jpg and  now i can no longer  save to jpg.

Did adobe nerf  my copy of elements?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

cant save to jpg???

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have elements 9  and i cant  save to jpg   unless  there are no layers      flatening image does not work

not a color bit  problem

i have gone back to  old files and that i have saved to jpg and  now i can no longer  save to jpg.

Did adobe nerf  my copy of elements?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Preferences:

Restore default preferences

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

NoteDeleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

from here:

Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on option 1 I have done several times. no luck, no jpeg for me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on option 2 i have no box tht says "Reset Preferences on next launch " i do have a box thay says "resetall Warning Dialogs" that didnt work either

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

What if any error message do you get when trying to save jpgs?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

widows 8.1 and the error message is "file must be saved as a copy with this selection jpg"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not an error message, it is help to remind you that you are going to overwrite your original image. Saving as a copy creates another version including the suffix -copy.jpg. That copy is in jpeg format. Also have a look at your preferences. By default it's set not to overwrite the original file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope not that either .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant save as anything other than tif to from any psd file i have if i do try and save ignoring the warning(yeld sign) "file must be saved as a copy with this selection jpg" pse9 freezes and i need to shut it down with task manager.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had PSE9, but I still have PSE6 and PSE10 installed on my computer and I have no problem to save a psd file to jpeg provided I don't tick the 'layers' checkbox (which is normal since jpegs don't support layers nor 16-bit depth. I suggest posting a screenshot with the 'save as' dialog shown to be sure we are all starting from the same settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this email legit Adobecare@mail2Expert.com keeps asking fo passwords and such?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WARNING
This is a scammer trying to steal your private informations.

Adobe never helps by mail and there should be a mention of 'Adobe employee' beneath the avatar.

In such a case, don't answer, click on the 'Report' button.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JeremyW said:

is this email legit Adobecare@mail2Expert.com keeps asking fo passwords and such?

When you say "email" do you mean Private Message (or perhaps an email notification that you have received a Private Message?  There should be no way that these spammers have your private email address.  Your response will help us assist Adobe in eliminating these scam artists.  Thanks.

MichelBParis said:

Adobe never helps by mail and there should be a mention of 'Adobe employee' beneath the avatar.

Michel, unfortunately, some of these spammers have been able to put a fake title under their avatar!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a private message from Adobe_Emily Hi, You can Directly send Email to our Customer Care Team at Adobecare@mail2expert.com and they will help you via Email. Team Adobe reported pm I gave him/her no passwords serial numbers or order numbers that him/her was asking for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I un-installed and reinstalled works fine now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2019 0
Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it sorted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2019 0