• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions/descriptions within Metadata

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well as tagging photos by category and / or keyword I also add captions to provide extra detail.  However, the caption for any photo taken on my daughters Samsung Camera shows as “SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA” regardless of what has been typed into the caption box when I save Metadata to file.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

This works for some pictures, but not for others, even within the same batch which is rather odd!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

This works for some pictures, but not for others, even within the same batch which is rather odd!

By @H5FCE

Did you try both suggestions from John R Ellis?

It would help to know which solution does not always work.

- The preference setting should prevent to get the Samsung caption at import time. I can imagine a problem if you 'update thumbnail' afterward, which would read again the caption in the file and update the catalog. Otherwise, when adding a new caption, take care of ticking the option to replace the possible old caption.

- The way to force delete captions in the IPTC field should work in all cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines