• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalina and Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is my Photoshop Elements 9 ever going to work with Catalina? If not, will I have to buy a new version? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think PSE 9 is a little behind the curve at this point.  Didn't that release in 2010?  I'm not sure but anyway check out the latest greatest PSE 2020 free for 30 days and see what you think.  It's 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Phinny is correct. Maybe it is time to upgrade as you seem to have had good value compared with those who update more frequently. I always recommend trying PSE 2020 as a free trial for 30 days.

https://99jon.blogspot.com/2019/10/how-to-install-photoshop-elements-2020.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even last years pse 2019 will be (ever) compatible with Catalina or later. So the versions before that are long time obsolete for adobe. Adobe never releases updates for older versions. Just one year "support" with almost no updates/bug fixes or whatever. After that you'll have to buy the new release (or switch to another software brand that has better support)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that clear reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is my Photoshop Elements 9 ever going to work with Catalina?"

Short answer: No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines