• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog conversion pse5.0 to 19

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this even possible?  I tried the conversion option , it cannot find the old catalog. Tried directing it. Tried copying the pse files into current calatog file. Searched website and tried the options. I have 1000’s of cataloged pictures. Pse5 no longer runs... thus the upgrade.  Have I lost everything?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving from Photoshop to Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lm98764605  wrote

is this even possible?  I tried the conversion option , it cannot find the old catalog. Tried directing it. Tried copying the pse files into current calatog file. Searched website and tried the options. I have 1000’s of cataloged pictures. Pse5 no longer runs... thus the upgrade.  Have I lost everything?

Older versions before PSE6 used a different database system for catalogs, Micorosoft Access while the newer versions use an Sqlite engine. So, converting a catalog needs an additional step:

Convert-organizer-catalog-elements-13-64

Are you still on the same computer and Windows version? Did you change your drive? There must be a reason while PSE5 no longer runs.

You need to have your media files in the same location (drive) as when the old catalog was used.

You need to find the "catalog.psa" catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines