• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog conversion

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgarded from 2013 to 2020 and the catalog conversion did a terrible job. A lot of my folders are no longer in the catalog and it picked some folders from Explorer.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do a true catalog conversion or did you do a bulk import?  When you first opened 2020, you should have received a message asking whether you wanted to convert your Elements 13 catalog.  If you said yes, your old catalog would have been converted and it would not have lost anything that existed in your prior catalog.  If you clicked one of the buttons that are available in different locations to get your media, then media would only have been gathered from certain locations on your computer.  This may be why you think you have lost some folders and gained others you did not want.

In any event, your Elements 13 catalog still exists on your computer and you can convert it either for the first time or again. Go to File>Manage Catalogs and click the Convert button.  You should see a list of your catalogs.  If you don't see your 2013 catalog, you need to check the Show Previously Converted Catalogs box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the 2020 version started I did the conversion. I did the conversion a second time and the results were the same. Many folders are missing and new folders that  were not in the catalog are in it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the comparison in the number of media files that are displayed in the Media grid?  Can you give us a screenshot of your folders panel in each version's catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my error! When 2020 opened it was the folder view and I am used to the album view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back.  I have never heard of a conversion going bad  in the way you described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines